Sale Price: $1,299.00
Celestron Computerized Newtonian Telescope C10-NGT Advanced Series GT
Item No. 102-17010
Manuf. No. Celestron 11048
The C10-NGT is the largest computerized Newtonian in its class with 178% more light gathering than the 6 inch model and almost twice the resolving power. The optics of the C10-N telescope are manufactured to Celestron's uncompromising standards. The C10-N uses diffraction-limited parabolic primary mirrors for razor sharp star images across a wide field of view. This telescope is mounted on the very rigid computerized CG-5 German Equatorial mount.
A counterweight, latitude scale, setting circles, and slow motion controls on both axes are standard. Includes premium accessories including a 9x50 finderscope with bi-directional alignment screws and a spring loaded pivot support, 20mm Plýssl 1-1/4" eyepiece, 2" focuser, accessory tray and more, so you have a fully loaded telescope right from the start.
Mounted on the Advanced GT Series computerized mount, this telescope has some high performance software and hardware features. Operated by our proven NexStar computer control technology the telescope has a 40,000+ object database with 400 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects. Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms.
Using the RS-232 communication port on the hand control, you can control the telescope via a personal computer and our new flash upgradeable hand controls allow you to update your telescope's operationg software via the internet. An autoguider port is also included for astrophotography.
CG-5 Mount - Precision engineered for stability.
Our new German Equatorial mount has precision worm gears on both axes for extremely smooth stability. The key element that makes this system the most stable in its class is the NEW heavy-duty tripod with larger and more substantial legs that offer excellent damping characteristics for more stable views. The CG-5 also has a convenient latitude scale for easier alignment and an optional polar finder scope for the ultimate in precision alignments.
- High quality 10" reflector
- 9x50 finderscope with bi-directional alignment screws and a spring loaded pivot support
- 2" focuser allows for use with 2" or 1.25" eyepieces
- Heavy Duty (CG-5GT) computerized German equatorial mount
- Ultra sturdy 2" diameter steel tripod with accessory tray
- Includes CD-ROM "The Sky" Astronomy Software which provides education about the sky and printable sky maps
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with 400 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms
- DC Servo motors with encoders on both axes
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Autoguider port for long exposure astrophotography
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- Compatible with optional NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- GPS-compatible with optional CN16 GPS Accessory (93966)
Celestron Item Number: 11048