Celestron Computerized Telescope C11-SGT XLT Advanced Series GT
Item No. 102-17087
Manuf. No. Celestron 11067-XLT
Introducing our best value for an 11" computerized telescope.
The largest aperture Advanced telescope in the series, this 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain optical system is mounted on the computerized CG-5 EQ mount, which features precision worm gears for extremely smooth motion. And with the heaviest component under 30 lbs this telescope won't break your bank or your back.
The C11 optical system comes with our premium StarBright XLT coatings and its large aperture offers light gathering power 1593 times that of the human eye and 89% more than our 8" model. An optional polar alignment scope for quick alignment is available.
Mounted on the Advanced GT Series computerized mount, this telescope has some high performance software and hardware features. Operated by our proven NexStar computer control technology the telescope has a 40,000+ object database with 400 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects. Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms.
Using the RS-232 communication port on the hand control, you can control the telescope via a personal computer and our new flash upgradeable hand controls allow you to update your telescope's operationg software via the internet. An autoguider port is also included for astrophotography.
CG-5 Mount - Precision engineered for stability.
Our new German Equatorial mount has precision worm gears on both axes for extremely smooth tracking motion. The key element that makes this system the most stable in its class is the NEW heavy-duty tripod with larger and more substantial legs that offer excellent damping characteristics for more stable views. The CG-5 also has a convenient latitude scale for easier alignment and an optional polar finder scope for the ultimate in precision alignments.
- 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- StarBright XLT high transmission coatings
- 9x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Heavy Duty (CG-5GT) computerized German equatorial mount
- Ultra sturdy 2" diameter steel tripod with accessory tray
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Includes CD-ROM "The Sky" Astronomy Software which provides education about the sky and printable sky maps
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with 400 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms
- DC Servo motors with encoders on both axes
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Autoguider port for long exposure astrophotography
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- Compatible with optional NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- GPS-compatible with optional CN16 GPS Accessory (93966)
Celestron Item Number: 11067-XLT