Losmandy GM-11 w/GEMINI Computer G-11 G
Item No. 670-30015
Eligible for Scope City Rewards at Check-out
Manuf. No. Losmandy G-11 G
Special Order Item
Losmandy GM-11 German Equatorial Mount with Gemini Computer
60 lb. Weight Capacity
SPECIFICATION: R.A. / DEC. AXIS
- All machined aluminum and stainless steel, black anodized.
- All stainless steel hardware.
- One 3.750" diameter needle thrust bearing.
- One 2.000" diameter needle thrust bearing.
- Two 1.500" diameter needle bearings.
- 5.625" diameter, 7075 aluminum worm gear, 360 tooth.
- Dual supported, ball bearing housed stainless steel worm-heat treated and ground.
- Variable slip clutch, both axes. One knob design.
- 1.250" diameter aluminum shafts.
- Fully locking, unique tangent arm design altitude adjustment, 14-64 degrees, large knob for easy alignment. (8-68 degrees with small modification).
- Laser engraved latitude scale in 2 degree increments.
- Single knob azimuth control, bi-directional +/- 8.5 degrees.
- 5.000" diameter laser engraved setting circles, 4 minute R.A., vernier reading to 1 minute / 1 degrees
- Porter slip ring design.
- 160 oz/in stepper motor, 0.5 arc sec. step.
- Dovetail saddle-plate allows for the interchanging of any tube assembly-reduces need for DEC. weights.
- Removable stainless steel weight shaft w/safety knob.
- 21 lb counterweight.
- 7 lb and 11 lb. extra counterweights available.
- Through the axis polar scope, works in Northern and Southern hemisphere. Polar scope optional.
- Instrument weight capacity 60 lbs.
- Equatorial head weight 36 lbs.
The Gemini system has an impressive list of features
- All machined aluminum, black anodized.
- Tripod height, adjustable from 33" - 48"
- Removabl Leg tripod design for easy transporting.
- Tripod weight 35 lbs.
All heights are to top of tripod. Add 10" @ 34 degrees to center of Dec.-R.A. junction. Add 7" from Dec.-R.A. junction to top of saddle.
- Very High Precision pointing to less than 1 arc minute
- Object search mode with user definable search radius
- Sidereal, Solar Lunar and King tracking rates
- User brightness adjustable LED display
- Up to 256 alignment stars permitted either side of the meridian
- Menus are accessed by the standard Losmandy 4 button hand paddle
- An optional deluxe hand paddle that repeats the Main panel display information
- RS232 serial port control by a PC using software such as The Sky, Guide 7.0 or Palm Planetarium
- T-Point (Software Bisque) Compatible
- Internal real time clock that displays, UTC, Local Mean Time an Sidereal Time
- Up to 10 degrees per second slewing (G-8)
- User definable Guiding, Centering Slewing and GOTO speedsý
- Permanent Periodic error Correction
- Allows manual telescope movement with optional shaft encoders
- Southern and Northern Hemisphere operation
- Retains position information after power off (for permanent observatory use)
- EPROM upgradeable software