Lumicon Low-Profile 1.25in Focuser for Newtonian on 3.5inch Base
Item No. 735-63020
Eligible for Scope City Rewards at Check-out
Manuf. No. Lumicon LH2020
The Low Profile 1.25" Focuser for Newtonian, 3.5" Base, is a high-precision, pin-and-groove type helical focuser. The 3.5" base provides for replacing larger focusers with a center-to-center hole-spacing of 2.75". The draw-tube does not rotate.
Accessories that take up back-focus, such Lumicon's popular 1.25" Multiple Filter Selector, can be used with ease and convenience. The high-precision, smooth focusing brings out the very best in your telescope's optics. The low-profile design quickly and easily converts your standard Newtonian to a camera-ready telescope. The U-groove base aligns and sits flush on any telescope tube with a radius of 4.5" or larger.
*Precise minimum depends on radius of tube.
- Focuser Minimum Height Above Tube* 1.75" (for 4.5" radius tube) 2" (for flat-base mounting)
- Turns ratio: 2 per inch
- Travel: 1"
- Resolution/Backlash: < 0.0005"
- Image shift: Negligible
- Reverse action: Negligible
- "Stiction:" Negligible
- Footprint: 3.5" square
- Mounting hole pattern: Square; 2.75" center-to-center
- Min/Max focuser hole diameter: 1.5"/3.3"
- Operating range: to 20degF/- 7deg C
- Maximum recommended load: 3 lb.
- Mounting Hardware: 8-32, included
Note: Visual use of the Low Profile Focuser requires either the Lumicon 1.25" Multiple Filter Selector, LF5012, or a 1.25" extension tube, such as the Lumicon LA1020.