Imaging Source USB Color Astro Camera without IR Cut Filter and Very High Resolution DBK41AU02.AS
Item No. 798-10008
Free Shipping (within the 48 contiguous US States only)
Manuf. No. Imaging Source DBK41AU02.AS
Expect a 6 to 8 week delay for delivery of this item
Imaging Source CCD Camera USB Color Astro Camera without IR Cut Filter and Very High Resolution, DBK41AU02.AS
Resolution of 1280 x 960 pixels
With its 1280 x 960 pixel, the telescope camera DBK 41AU02.AS offers a very high resolution. It outputs uncompressed image data at a speed of 15 images per second. Using the shipped software - IC Capture.AS - you can capture lossless and uncompressed images sequences as AVI files.
Fast display of color images
Color CCDs output their data in RAW format. For visualization purposes this data cannot be used. It must first be subjected to a color interpolation process, in which the raw data is post processed. Much broader bandwidth is required to transfer interpolated images, than the original raw data from the camera. Color interpolation can be switched off in the CCD camera DBK 41AU02.AS. In this mode, a transfer rate of 15 color images per second can be achieved. Color interpolation is then carried out by IC Capture.AS on the host PC. Alternatively, should color interpolation not be desirable at all, AVI files can be written in RAW format.
Sony color CCD
The most important part of the asto CCD camera DBK 41AU02.AS is the high resolution color CCD ICX205AK from Sony. It has a resolution of 1280 x 960 pixels at a format of 1/2". Even at long exposure times, its noise is minimal. Due to the high quality of the ICX205AK CCD chip, it is often used in medical image processing applications.
IR cut filter
Color cameras that do not possess a color filter offer users a large degree of flexibility: Filters may be added as required by a specific application. Therefore, the telescope camera DBK 41AU02.AS ships without an IR cut filter.
Fast data transfer via USB 2.0
The CCD camera DBK 41AU02.AS outputs high resolution, uncompressed images at a high frame rate. These image sequences generate a large amount of data. In order to transfer these to the host PC, a very fast bus is required. Hence, the camera is fitted with a USB 2.0 connector.
Shipped software for Windows
This camera ships with the camera driver IC WDM DCAM TIS and the control software IC Capture.AS.
- Color USB camera without IR cut filter
- 1/2" CCD, progressive scan
- Resolution 1280 x 960
- Max. 15 fps
- Max exposure time 60 min
- C/CS Mount
- Software included
Technical specification, detailing all important parameters of the DBK 41AU02.AS astronomy camera:
- Product Code: DBK 41AU02.AS
- Type: color USB camera without IR cut filter
- Connection: USB
- Manufacturer: The Imaging Source
- Sensor: CCD
- Type: progressive scan
- Sensor specification: Sony ICX205AK PDF
- Format: 1/2"
- Resolution: 1280 x 960 pixel
- Dynamic range: 8 bit
- Exposure time: 1/10000 s to 60 minutes
- Gain: 0 dB to 36 dB
- FPS @ Max resolution: 15 fps
- Video formats @ Frame rate: 1280 x 960, BY8 (RAW) @ 15, 7.5, 3.75 fps 1280 x 960, UYVY @ 7.5, 3.75 fps
- Lens mount: C/CS mount
- Supply voltage: 4.5 V to 5.5 V via the cable
- Current consumption approx: 500 mA @ 5 VDC
- Dimensions (H x W x L): 50.6 mm x 50.6 mm x 50 mm
- Mass: 265 g
- Max. temperature (operation): -5 degree C to 45 degree C
- Max. temperature (storage): -20 degree C to 60 degree C
- Max. humidity (operation): 20 % to 80 %
- Max. humidity (storage): 20 % to 95 %