Baader Eyepiece Hyperion-Aspheric 72 Degree Modular, 31mm #2454631 HYP-31
Item No. 724-20310
Eligible for Scope City Rewards at Check-out
Manuf. No. Baader Planetarium HYP-31
Baader Planetarium has evolved the wide-field astronomical eyepiece to a new level. Introducing the worldıs first production Astronomical Eyepieces to use aspheric surfaces, the 31mm and 36mm Baader Hyperion-Aspheric 72 degree Modular Eyepieces. This new technology has allowed Baader to eliminate eyepiece aberrations without the usual penalty of extra lens elements, excessive size and weight, or high cost.
- Baader Hyperion-Aspheric 72 degree Modular Eyepiece, 31mm (#HYP-31), wt 390g (13.8oz)
- The Hyperion-Aspheric's freedom from blackouts, kidney beaning, and lack of distortion combines with their long eye relief to produce a view that is uncommonly comfortable and natural for all users (including eye-glass wearers and users of popular astigmatism correcting lenses).
- The ultra-wide 72 degree field is extremely flat and distortionless (virtually free of angular magnification distortion).
- Baaderıs renowned Phantom Group Multi-Coatings and thorough internal baffling produce an extremely bright and high contrast view that is free of scatter.
- Hyperion Modularity
- Superb for projection imaging. The Hyperion-Aspherics are threaded to accept the full line of Hyperion Digital T-Rings, for a robust direct attachment of almost any camera. The clever use of 2"x24tpi SCT threads for attaching the 2" barrel permits the Hyperion-Aspherics to directly thread onto the rear cell of popular SCTs. This results in the highest rigidity possible for imaging.
- Dual Barrel Configuration - two barrel sizes are provided with each Hyperion Aspheric. The standard 2" barrel provides the full 72 degree field size, and a special wide-field 1.25" barrel provides the maximum true field ever in a 1-1/4" format, with a field stop size of 1.265"(32mm)! - perfect for extracting every bit of field possible in 1.25" telescopes or binoviewers.
- Accepts popular astigmatism correcting lenses.
- Baader Hyperion-Aspheric 72 degree Modular Eyepiece, 36mm (#HYP-36), wt 415g (14.7oz)