Baader Hyperion 8-24mm Zoom Eyepiece #2454824 HYP-ZOOM
Item No. 724-20400
Free Shipping (within the 48 contiguous US States only)
Manuf. No. Baader Planetarium HYP-ZOOM
Due to its incredible popularity, this zoom eyepiece has limited availability. Please call or write for current stock status.
The new Baader Hyperion 8-24mm Clickstop Zoom continues the Hyperion tradition of delivering top-of-class performance and quality, at very reasonable prices. Zoom eyepieces have earned a lackluster reputation over the years, due to their compromises in optical design and execution. We think the Hyperion zoom will surprise many jaded zoom users with its combination of performance, quality, and novel features.
Some highlights of the Hyperion Clickstop Zoom;
Hyperion Zoom as a spotting scope eyepiece
- Consisting of 7 elements, the Hyperion optical design delivers outstanding sharpness and color correction over its field, even with fast telescopes. Users are reporting that the Clickstop Zoom matches the performance of their best fixed focal length eyepieces!
- Continuously variable focal length, with click-stops at 8, 12, 16, 20, 24mm. Remains approximately parfocal across zoom range. Click-stops enable precise focal length matching for bino-viewer use (please note: barrel diameter of the zoom is 57mm, so it may not work in binoviewers for users with narrow interocular separations).
- Wide field. The field of view is 68degrees at the 8mm setting, and 50 degrees at 24mm.
- Excellent viewing comfort. The eye relief of 12-15mm, large eyelens, and freedom from kidney beaning and blackouts result in a high level of comfort and ease-of-viewing, at all focal lengths.
- As with the fixed focal length Hyperions Baader Planetarium has gone to great lengths to give the Hyperion Zoom the most advanced multicoatings ever used on amateur telescope eyepieces. The Hyperion Phantom Group multi-coatings truly rival the best in the world - including the famous Zeiss Abbe Orthoscopic! The difference in contrast and transmission is clearly visible at the eyepiece.
- Now Includes both 1.25" and 2" Barrels! The 2" barrel attaches through an included adapter ring that has standard 2"x24tpi SCT threads. The 2" barrel also incorporates a reverse taper groove for better seating and retention.
- Superb fit and finish. Zoom motion is smooth and precise. Barrels are accurately machined, with excellent surface quality, and hard anodizing. The 1.25" Barrel is threaded for standard 1-1/4" filters, and the 2" Barrel for standard 2" Filter.
- Adjustable rubber eyecup works for both normal and eyeglass users. Rotating eyecup incorporates a variable-height helical adjustment for setting the optimal spacing.
- Designed to integrate perfectly with many popular spotting scopes from Celestron/Synta and Zeiss (see below).
- Complete System of Accessories for Digital Imaging
- Optically Superb for Digital Imaging
- Direct Thread attach to Eyepiece (threads at eyelens)
- Hyperion Digital T-Rings, for direct attachment of virtually every digital camera, camcorder, CCD Camera.
Owners of Celestron/Synta and Zeiss spotting scopes will appreciate the direct-attachment made possible by the Hyperion Zoom's innovative removable front barrel, which exposes spotting scope attachment threads.
"Optically I think the Baader is the best Zoom eyepiece I've tried so far." Henry Link.
Hyperion Zoom makes a superb projection imaging eyepiece!
Like the fixed focal length Hyperions, the Hyperion Zoom eyelens barrel has been provided with an M54 thread (covered by the removable rubber eyecups). A complete system of adapter rings enables cameras to be directly (and rigidly) close-coupled for afocal projection, or variably extended for classical eyepiece projection imaging with our T-Adapter and Extension Tubes. A series of 16 threaded rings provides compatibility with just about every digital (CCD/DSLR) and videocamera made.
Baader Hyperion 8-24 Zoom (HYP-ZOOM), wt 370g (13oz)