Televue Eyepiece 2" 17mm Ethos ETH-17.0
Item No. 704-10096
Free Shipping (within the 48 contiguous US States only)
Manuf. No. Televue ETH-17.0
The Tele Vue Ethos eyepieces have pushed the boundries of optical excellence and maximum field of view, creating an unrivaled eyepiece experience. The Tele Vue 17mm Ethos is the latest in the Ethos family of eyepieces, providing an even larger field of view than the original 13mm.
An important benefit of the combination of large apparent field of view and shorter focal length is that for a given field in the sky, higher magnification results in a darker sky background. Fainter stars become visible and more detail is seen on all deep sky objects. The Tele Vue Ethos eyepiece provides another big magnification/contrast jump, yielding dramatic views simply not previously possible in any telescope. With the smaller exit pupil, eyesight limitations are also reduced.
The Televue 17mm Ethos delivers: 100 degree apparent field (50% larger in area than 82 degree Naglers), comfortable eye-relief, accepts DIOPTRX eyesight astigmatism correctors, distortion correction, high contrast and on-axis sharpness for planetary viewing. It is the ędo-it-allę eyepiece perfect for all scopes that can utilize this focal length.
Tele Vue 17mm Ethos Eyepiece Specifications
- The Televue 17mm Ethos eyepiece is the latest addition to the Ethos family of eyepieces!
- 100-degree apparent field of view provides a true "spacewalk" view of the night sky.
- Televue 17mm Ethos eyepiece provides a generous 15mm of eye relief for comfortable observing.
- Pre-orders for the Tele Vue 17mm Ethos are now being accepted (and highly encouraged). OPT is accepting pre-orders with a 10% deposit. Delivery for pre-orders is expected to occur in January or February 2009.
- Apparent field: 100 degree
- Focal length: 13mm
- Effective field stop diameter: 29.6mm
- Eye relief: 15mm (accepts DIOPTRX eyesight astigmatism corrector)
- Barrel size: 2"
- Weight: 1.55 lbs (24.8 oz.)