Meade LS 6" ACF LIGHT SWITCH TELESCOPE 0610-03-10
Item No. 112-20500
Eligible for Scope City Rewards at Check-out
Manuf. No. Meade 0610-03-10
LS LightSwitch Telescope Features
The revolutionary LS astronomical telescope features the most advanced electronics and optics ever applied to a consumer telescope. Meade is producing the easiest-to-use, most entertaining, educational, highperformance telescope on the market by combining LightSwitch Technology, Advanced Coma Free Optics (ACF), Astronomer Inside multimedia output and a completely new mechanical design.
Alignment system for completely hands free alignment. Using the Integrated Sensor Module and the built-in ECLIPS CCD imager on the telescope tube, our LightSwitch Technology allows the telescope to completely align itself with the sky without any input from the user. The user simply flips the LightSwitch on and the telescope finds its location, time, date, north, level, then locates and centers the alignment stars for a perfect alignment every time without user input.
We are confident the LS will not only meet - but exceed your expectations. The LS will amaze and excite you like very few astronomy products have over the past many years.
Just think about it, no other telescope on the market has a FULLY AUTOMATIC alignment process. Just turn it on and before you know it you are ready to view the many wonders of the night sky. No other telescope on the market has a built in speaker and "astronomer inside" with over 4 hours of audio detail about our night sky. No other telescope on the market has a video out port to connect a monitor so the user can view over 1/2 hour of animation about the key objects in the night sky. These features combine "entertainment and education". No other telescope on the market has this many features and innovations all in one compact, portable telescope.
Single arm fork Altitude-Azimuth (Alt-Az) mount.
6" ACF optical tube assembly (OTA):
- Rigid structure with large precision roller bearings on both axis designed to carry large OTAs.
- Precision worm gear drives with 4.875" main gears in both axis for smooth and accurate tracking and slewing.
- Long fork arm length to allow clearance with the base for most cameras.
- Runs on internal "C" cell batteries for portable field operation.
- Hand control holder built into base.
- Off-On LightSwitch.
- USB and other ports for accessory equipment.
- Heavy-duty stable tripod with quick attachment of the mount.
- Advanced Coma-Free optical system for performance that only professionals or extreme amateurs have had. 6" clear aperture with 1524mm focal length for an f/10 system.
- Standard SC threaded back cell that accepts most existing accessories designed for all Schmidt-Cassegrain models over the last 30 years.
- Integrated Sensor Module (ISM) with GPS and Level North Technologies (LNT).
- Electronically Controlled Locate Identify Position System (ECLIPS) CCD imaging module.
AutoStar III hand controller:
- Professionally produced audio and video content for hundreds of objects and custom guided tours designed for your location, time and date. Multimedia presentations feature the voices of Sandy Woods of "Star Date" astronomy radio program and George Woods, Hollywood actor and the voice on many productions.
- Built-in speaker in drive base and audio out jack for audio instructions and object descriptions.
- Video out for video presentations and images of many objects, instant display of images from the ECLIPS imager and easy on-screen menu navigation.
Easily control telescope for automatic location of objects, tours and many other features. Approximately 100,000 objects in database.
ECLIPS CCD Imager:
- Essential part of the LightSwitch alignment system.
- Sensitive wide-angle color 640x480 CCD imager for taking your own astrophotographs. Save your photos on a SD card (user supplied).
- With a video monitor connected to the video out jack, see real-time images of the objects you see in the eyepiece.
- Full USB support for accessories like additional DSI CCD cameras.
- SD card slot for easy software upgrades and storing your astrophotographs.
- Model LS 6" ACF
- SKU 0610-03-10
- Optical Design: Advanced Coma Free (ACF)
- Primary Mirror Diameter: 6" (152mm)
- Focal Length, Focal Ratio: 1524mm f/10
- Resolving Power (arc seconds): 0.76
- Optical Coatings: Ultra-High Transmission Coatings
- Limiting Visual Stellar Magnitude: 14
- Eyepiece(s): Included Super Plossl 26mm
- Telescope Mounting: Single Fork Arm
- RA and Dec. Motor Drive Systems: DC servo motors with encoders, both axes; 12-volts DC with 4.875" precision worm-gear
- Slow-Motion Controls: Electric, 9-speed, both axis
- Controller: Autostar III Handbox with 100,000 objects
- Processor: 400 Megahertz Blackfin
- Memory: 256 Megabytes of Nanflash
- Input/Output: USB 2.0
- Speaker: Built in Mount
- Connections: USB, AutoStar Hand Box, 12v Power In, Electric Focuser, Audio Out, Video Out
- Multimedia Content: Descriptions of the Planets, Moon, Stars, Clusters, Nebulae, Galaxies and More
- Audio: Over 4 Hours Featuring the Voice of Sandy Wood From "Star Date"
- Video: 30 Minutes of Movies and Animations, Plus Hundreds of Still Images
- Hemispheres of Operation: North and South
- Power: 8 x C size or AC Adapter (user-supplied)
- Battery Life (approx.): 3 to 5 hours
- Tripod: Self Centering Field Tripod
- Primary Mirror: Pyrex glass