EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC 20MM 100 DEGREE NITROGEN-PURGED WATERPROOF EYEPIECE EP10020-00
Item No. 737-00300
Free Shipping (within the 48 contiguous US States only)
Manuf. No. Explore Scientific EP10020-00
Explore Scientific Ultra-wide Angle 100 degree Series 20mm Eyepiece, 2.0" Barrel, EP10020-00
Like all Explore Scientific eyepieces, the lens elements of the 100 degree eyepiece are meticulously cleaned and aligned before being installed in their precision machined lens barrels.
Each lens and lens grouping have EMD (Enhanced Multilayer Deposition) Coatings and are edge-blackened to eliminate light scatter and maintain image contrast. Contrast is further enhanced with baffles that mask and deflect unwanted stray light.
Each 100 degree Series Nitrogen-Purged Waterproof eyepiece is internally sealed and purged with inert, dry nitrogen gas to prevent internal fogging, to halt the intrusion of fine particulates and fungus, and to maximize the life of the internal coatings.
To make sure, every 100 degree eyepiece is tested by submerging them down to 1 meter of water for 30 minutes. Each and every Explore Scientific eyepiece is inspected both at the factory and again at their USA facility in California.
Developing the new eyepieces Explore Scientific wanted to take a fresh perspective and address several points. The goal was to produce an ultra-wide angle design that providespride of ownership at a great value: Focus on Value - Explore Scientific invites direct comparison to any eyepieces on the market in their category.
Protection from the Outdoors - By making the eyepiece body nitrogen-purged and waterproof eyepiece internal elements will remain as pristine as the day they were assembled. The sealed, dry environment is impervious to internal fogging and contaminants such as fungus growing in between the lens elements.
The waterproof eyepiece is easier to clean, and there is no risk of cleaning solution migrating from the top of the lens and seeping around edges to be trapped in between elements. To insure a perfect seal we test every eyepiece in one meter of water for 30 minutes.
Creating an Identity - We look at purchasing fine optical equipment as an investment, and it should be treated as such. With a unique serial number on each eyepiece we can track when a product was made, and the owner can document their equipment for insurance and warranty purposes.
Providing Peace of Mind - Explore Scientific stands behind their products with a free 5 Year Transferrable Limited Warranty upon registration of the product. Want to trade or sell your eyepiece? You'll get more value if its remaining warranty can be transferred to the new owner.
* All Explore Scientific telescopes and telescope accessories are covered under our standard U.S.A. One Year Limited Warranty against defects with proof of purchase, but you can extend this limited warranty to five years by simply filling out the product registration and submitting it in within 60 days.
This program is also available to the person who receives your gift of an Explore Scientific eyepiece. You don't need to give them the purchase receipt, just remind them to fill out the registration, and we'll take care of the rest.
- Description 20mm
- Barrel Diameter 2.0"
- Eye Relief 14.5mm
- Elements 9 Elements; Combination of: Dense Crown, Light Crown, Dense Flint, and LanthanumOptical Glasses
- Weights 11.8 oz
- Apparent Field: 100 degree
- Coatings EMD (Enhanced Multilayer Deposition) Coatings
- Eyecup Rubber Folding Type
- Body Anodized Black Aluminum; Laser-Etched Description and Serial Number; Rubber Grip: Internally O-Ring Sealed and Nitrogen Purged
- Barrel Stainless-Steel, 2-inch, Double Taper, Accepts Standard 2-inch Filters
- Warranty* Explore Scientific Five Year Limited Warranty* (*Limited Warranty is one year, extended to five years when product is registered within 60 days of purchase.)