Meade 115MM SERIES 6000 80ED REFRACTOR ON LX80 MULTI-MOUNT 4507-08-01
Item No. 112-16030
Eligible for Scope City Rewards at Check-out
Manuf. No. Meade 4507-08-01
(arrives February 2012)
Meade Series 6000 Refractor Telescope, 115mm ED APO with LX80 Multi Mount, 4507-08-01
Meade Series 6000 ED APO Refractors
Designed specifically for the discerning astrophotographer or visual observer, Meade Instruments Series 6000 refractors offer incredible optics and ultra-precise crayford-style 10:1 dual-speed focusing and optional 2-element field flattener. Also included are full-sized cradle rings, Series 5000 die-electric coated 2 inch star diagonal with 99% reflectivity and a custom hard carrying case to keep that beautiful new telescope looking impressive for years to come.
Two or Three Heads are Better Than One: The LX80 Multi Mount
Bringing the best of three worlds together, the LX80 Multi-Mount allows users to easily switch between mount modes. No longer do you need to choose between Alt-Azimuth or Equatorial configurations. No longer will you have to purchase specialized dual mount plates. Meade marries it all together in one beautiful package.
Solid Construction For A Steady Platform
The LX80 is built around a solid aluminum structure, with two large, tapered roller bearings that handle radial and thrust loads on each axis to carry larger loads up to a total payload of 40 pounds In EQ and alt-az modes and up to 70 pounds in dual OTA mode. Its precision worm gear drives on both axes deliver smooth, accurate motion.
With the ability to function as both an Alt-Az and EQ mount, the LX80 Multi Mount gains the ease of set up from the AZ and the ability to function as a long exposure photography platform, like an EQ. For nights when the imaging isn't the greatest, you have a quick to set up Alt-Az that can switch to EQ mode in a moment's notice. The ability to go into a dual OTA AZ mode allows users a variety of set up options, particularly great for solar or outreach. Mount your h-alpha telescope next to a scope with a white light filter for a side by side comparison of the solar view. Are you an outreach enthusiast? Do a lot of star parties, host school or troop astronomy programs? Mount two similar OTA's side by side to get twice the observing in in the same amount of time. Both the primary and secondary OTA dovetail plates are industry-standard for maximum compatibility with all of your OTAs.
Includes one 11 pound counterweight.
- Founded on the Series 6000 115mm apochromatic refractor for the discerning visual and photographic astronomer.
- The Meade LX80 Multi-Mount is three mounts in one! Alt-Azimuth, Equatorial, or dual optical tube mount options are easily swapped from one to the other.
- 40 pound load capacity for Alt-Az and EQ modes, 70 pound capacity in dual OTA mode.
- Ultra stable 2 inch tripod legs feature levelers at the top of each one for easy fine tuning after set up.
- Includes two auxiliary ports to connect your additional accessories.
- Primary and secondary dovetails are made to common industry standards.
- SmartDrive provides periodic error correction that drastically improves performance over similarly priced mounts.
- Precision worms and drives for a smooth ride.
Meade 1 year warranty included.