Baader 50mm square UV-IR Cut "L" filter #2459206-imaging filter FUVIR-SQ50
Item No. 724-58845
Eligible for Scope City Rewards at Check-out
Manuf. No. Baader Planetarium FUVIR-SQ50
Baader Planetarium UV-IR Cut Filter - 50X50X3 Square Unmounted, FUVIR-SQ50
Baader Planetarium has introduced the world's finest UV/IR cut filter. This filter is a must for all digital imaging with Digital Cameras, CCD Cameras, and modified WebCams. Also useful for protecting valuable H-Alpha filters from heat stress and damaging IR (Daystar, etc).
Due to their extremely high optical quality, these filters may be stacked and used far in front of the focal plane (necessary for imaging uses). Like the Baader Planetarium Contrast-Booster, the UV-IR-Cut filter uses the very latest coating technology, to deliver the finest filtration quality - and lifetime durability.
True Optical Quality: Baader glass substrates are of true optical quality. Most other filters are merely made from raw flame-polished, "optically flat", or sometimes a top quality commercially polished filter glass (fine for camera filters), resulting in wavefront deformations that damage image sharpness and contrast when used with telescopes. Baader Planetarium filters are made from striae-free substrates, and actually fine optically polished flat to within 1/4 wave p-v over the entire surface, plane parallel to within 30 seconds of arc! This important and unique custom step adds cost - but the result is a filter that maintains the full wavefront quality of the telescope without double images or ghosting, even at high magnifications. Critical to maintaining this level of flatness are Baader's carefully balanced coating designs, which prevent coating surface stresses from warping the substrate. Such high flatness enables Baader filters to be used far in front of the focal plane, ahead of star diagonals and digital cameras. They are particularly well suited for attachment to the nosepiece of the Maxbright Binocular Viewer (other manufacturer's filters must be used in pairs, attached to the eyepieces).
Filter Durability: Filter durability has always been a hallmark of Baader Planetarium. The multi-layer dielectric coatings are plasma-assisted and Ionbeam-hardened using the latest technology (the coatings are harder than the glass substrate itself!). Baader filters withstand repeated real-world exposure to the elements and physical cleaning. Users need not leave their precious filters dull and dust encrusted to avoid cleaning - Baader filters may be used and cleaned without fear. We have heard sad stories from owners of other simpler soft-coated dielectric filters, who have seen their coatings degrade from normal exposure to moisture, or wiped away from routine cleaning. Some manufacturers even resort to sandwiching their delicate coatings in between two layers of glass (and risking blurred double images as well as eventual degradation from the edges inward). Baader Filters will truly last a lifetime.
Stackability: Unlike other filters, Baader Planetarium filters are truly designed to be stacked and combined. This is possible due to the high optical quality and highly efficient anti-reflection multicoatings. The ability to combine filters opens up many exciting possibilities, permitting unique spectral characteristics unachievable with any single filter.
BAADER UV-IR-Cut Filter, and DSLR Correcting Filter (Canon)
The only infrared blocker in this price range featuring a planoptically polished substrate, parallel to within 30 seconds of arc!
- Reflects destructive heat radiation!
- Protects your valuable solar observing equipment such as DAYSTAR-Filters and the like from excessive heat-stress (ie, from cooking the immersion liquid!)
- Stays cool and will not shatter if subjected to great thermal stress, since even intensive radiation is not absorbed - as with ordinary "heat protective Filters", such as KG-3 or KG-5. Energy is reflected due to an elaborate interference system of 23 dielectric coating layers.
- 98% Transmission average across the visible spectrum.
- Enables pinpoint star images with digital and CCD- equipment.
- Ultrahard and durable Ion-Beam IR-cut coatings, may be cleaned any time without fear.
- Hard and absolutely scratch resistant 7-layer - multicoat featuring 0.3% residual reflection versus the regular 4.6% of an uncoated substrate.
- Freedom from ghost images due to highest quality coatings
- Plane optically polished! Retains full image resolution even at highest magnification during solar observation or eyepiece projection.
- Available in 1.25" and 2" size
- Incredibly low priced.
- Full family of adapters to mount in (almost) any telescope's optical train - see the Astro T-2 SystemTM.
- Larger clear aperture than any competing 1.25" or 2" filter.
- Better, more elaborate filter cell design than any competing filter, featuring a CNC-milled "crown" for ease of handling and attachment.