Takahashi Refractor FSQ-106 ED F/5 530MM F.L. QUAD OTA only FSQ1016NU
Item No. 611-50152
Special Order Item
Manuf. No. Takahashi FSQ1016NU
Takahashi FSQ-106ED Astrograph Telescope OTA, FSQ1016NU
The FSQ106N, has long been regarded as one of the finest refractors available for film and CCD imaging. Wide field, large image circle, excellent color correction and a flat field were just some of the notable points of the previous FSQ106N.
The new Takahashi FSQ106ED telescope has made some significant improvements over its predecessor. Let's start with a significantly longer backfocus at 178mm to accommodate most CCD systems. Many CCD imagers have additional equipment in the light path such as filter wheels, adaptive optics, temperature control focusers and other accessories which take up precious focus travel. Thanks to a new design, the FSQ106ED provides the additional backfocus to accommodate most CCD equipment and even allows the use of binoviewers!
The Takahashi FSQ-106ED telescope comes equipped with a newly designed heavy-duty 4" focuser with a built in camera angle adjuster. Designed for all applications in mind, the focuser will lift up to 5kg, or 11lbs, and keep it there without slipping. Do you need to make precision adjustments in focus? No problem. Takahashi has thought of that, too... And that's why they've included a micro-edge fine focuser with a 10 to 1 ratio. Combine that with both 2" and 1.25" eyepiece adapters and you're ready for any application.
But, improvements haven't stopped there. Takahashi has redesigned the optical system in the Takahashi FSQ106ED F5 Astrograph Telescope to a modified four element double ED Petzval system . By adding a second doublet inside the tube, the optical wavefront can be optimized to remove any astigmatism - this in turn acts as a field flattener. The Takahashi FSQ106ED F5 Astrograph Telescope optical system is incredible for imaging - providing wide, flat fields, high contrast and no lateral color, yet it is also capable of outstanding visual work. Use the optional F3.6 (wow!) focal reducer for imaging applications and the optional Extender-Q for visual use at F8. What's more, at prime focus you get 88mm of image circle which takes in a full 9.5 degree of sky. Now, that's an image....
Do you need more? Then think on this... Another improvement on the new Takahashi FSQ106ED is the enhanced portability from the new, retractable, self-storing dew shield design. The Takahashi FSQ106ED is now airline portable at only 16.7" long when the dew shield is collapsed and stays in a tidy package by measuring in at a total length of only 20.5" when fully extended. Inside the all aluminum tube, you'll find knife-edge baffles block off axis light and provide maximum contrast. Outside you'll find the perfect fit and finish with its rich ivory color and ebony trim. The focuser and the aluminum castings will continue to be made one at a time for consistent, optimal quality. That's a Takahashi quality guarantee.
Takahashi - FSQ106ED F5 Astrograph Telescope Specifications
- Image Circle with Optional Reducer: 1.7" (44mm) - light intensity 60%
- Image CIrcle with Optional Extender: 1.7" (44mm) - light intensity 60%
- Focal Length with Optional Reducer: 15.2'" (385mm)
- Focal Length with Optional Extender: 33.5" (850mm)
- F Ratio with Optional Extender: 8
- F Ratio with Optional Reducer: 3.6
- Light Gathering Power: 229X, Limiting Mag is 11.9, Resolution: 1.09" (28mm)
- Effective Aperture: 4.2" (106mm) - Focal Length: 21" (530mm)
Five Year Manufacturer Warranty.
- Modified Four Element Double ED Petzval design eliminates astigmatism, coma, secondary spectrum, spherical aberration and field curvature.
- The Takahashi FSQ106ED F5 Astrograph Telescope provides 178mm of backfocus to accommodate demanding applications.
- Prime focus 88mm image circle covers 9.5 degree of sky and accepts new F3.6 focal reducer.
- The Takahashi FSQ106ED F5 Astrograph Telescope includes built-in camera angle adjuster capable of lifting up to 11 pounds.
- Included 4" rack and pinion focuser with over-sized knobs and 10:1 micro-focuser.
- The Takahashi FSQ106ED F5 Astrograph Telescope is airline portable at only 16.7" long.